I'm Shafi and I am from Singapore. I am an Illustrator currently studying at the Rhode Island School of Design.
I love horror, especially within fantasy and science-fiction. Having been brought up in Southeast Asia, I am familiar with it's folklore and unique version of horror and try to incorporate its themes and atmosphere into my work.
Thank you for visiting my page!
Developed a posed 3D character in ZBrush.
- Created character concept sketches and illustrations based in a fantasy world developed by 2 other classmates and myself.
- With the intention to 3D print, our designs and final sculpt were influenced by its ability to be printed at a high quality.
- Developed a western-themed slot game in a team with other interns.
- Collaborated with other artists within the team to create a visually compelling art style.
- Conceptualized and designed game assets including characters, environment and UI.
- Integrated art assets and animations into the game using Unity3D and worked with programmers to ensure the assets worked as intended with their code.
- Communicated ideas and issues effectively during daily meetings and critique sessions with full-time employees.
- Worked in various roles (2D/3D Artist, Technical Artist, Level Designer, Game Designer) across multiple game projects within Brown-RISD Game Developers and school projects including Spellcard Dungeon (2018), Don’t Feed the Pigeon (2017), I/O (2014).
- Manage and guide other students during the development of their semester-long projects and helped foster their skills in game art and design.
- Organize events such as guest speaker talks by industry professionals, game jams and end-of-semester public playtesting and showcase of our projects.
- Develop and conduct workshops introducing concepts of game design to new members.
- Served as an Inspector of Police in the Singapore Police Force as part of National Service.
- Served as the Staff Officer to Director in the Police National Service Department.
- Aided full-time staff in coordination of high-level meetings and the planning of logistics, manpower, operations and training for a unit within the organization.
- Illustrated the cover and interior drawings for Land of the Meat Munchers (2013), Zac Lee & The Legend of Yamashita’s Gold (2014) for Marshall Cavendish International Asia.